Time: May 15, 2009 from 7pm to 9pm
Location: RVML -
Street: 258 A St, Suite 7 UPSTAIRS
Website or Map: http://www.rvml.org/
Event Type: lecture, demonstration
Organized By: RVML Community Resource Center
Latest Activity: May 15, 2009
Lecture: Cymatics- Insights into the Invisible Realms of Nature
By Jeff Volk
Cost: $15.00, everyone welcome
Cymatics, the study of wave phenomena and vibration, is a scientific methodology that demonstrates the vibratory nature of matter and the transformational nature of sound. It is sound science, and amazingly cool!
· SEE sound structure matter--as audible frequencies animate inert powders, pastes and liquids into life-like flowing forms and figures found in the sacred art and architecture of the world's Wisdom Traditions.
· Hear the mellifluous strains of MusiCure, music specifically composed and clinically proven in therapeutic environments in Scandinavia, and now available in the US!
· FEEL REVITALIZED as we bathe in the sonic atmosphere that we'll all compose!
· UNDERSTAND the power we each have to create, sustain and destroy elements in our personal worlds.
· IMPLEMENT practical approaches to creating greater harmony in life by becoming more aware of those unconscious vibrations that we constantly enliven throughout our day.
Cymatics shows how vibrations interact to create the world we experience 'out there' and it brings to light hidden principles which underlie all natural processes. Understanding these principles can help us to 'cleanse the lens' through which we perceive our world, thereby clarifying our outlook on life. Once you've objectively observed the rhythmic interplay of chaos and re-integration in simple powder, you may view your own tumultuous circumstances a bit more objectively (and with far less apprehension!) as a purposefully evolving process leading toward greater personal coherency and equanimity.
This wide-ranging program weaves startling scientific artistry with poetry and music, to demonstrate pragmatic spiritual principles. It is accessible to anyone with a willingness to entertain the inconceivable: that you can be all you imagine yourself to be, and nothing more!
For over 25 years, poet, producer and publisher, Jeff Volk has popularized the science of Cymatics, producing videos of the pioneering experiments of Swiss scientist Dr. Hans Jenny, and re-publishing Jenny's long out-of-print Cymatics books. His latest publication, Water Sound Images, showcases exciting new research of German photographer, Alexander Lauterwasser. The phenomenal success of his award-winning video, Of Sound Mind and Body: Music and Vibrational Healing, inspired him to produce the premier conference exploring sacred sound and healing music. Jeff artfully distills this wealth of experience into multimedia programs and feature articles, which have been presented and published worldwide.